Milestones. We celebrate them in our personal life, professional life, and alongside our loved ones. It's a big part of my ministry to celebrate faith "stepping stones" with children and families. And we all know I love a good celebration! Well, it's time to celebrate! I think today is a milestone... which calls for a celebration! So, raise your Starbucks cups!
**Drumroll** Today... would be.... my 2 year anniversary.... with the ex!
Why do we celebrate this, you ask? No worries. Don't get anything in a wad or a bunch. This is great news!
**Drumroll** I... do... not... miss... him! Instead, I'm looking at the difference a year can make. Last year, I planned this great celebration to celebrate our life together. I spent time planning this romantic time. I had spent hours preparing a homemade gift. I had worked a long Wednesday night, and then came home to cook his favorite dinner from scratch... a gesture he could care less about, really.
What really happened? I found that he spent the afternoon playing video games, wasn't working, and didn't even attempt to make me anything, (not that gifts matter, but it's the gesture).We got in a huge fight about my taxes (which weren't even his concern or money). There was yelling and screaming, and finger pointing on his end, which in the end, held no validity. Note to self: Don't start a relationhip on tax day... It never ends well.
I CAN look back on it all now and laugh. This year, I'm looking forward to life on a different level. Instead of an arguement brewing over issues that are petty and vicious, I get to talk to a great guy at the end of my day. I get to spend an evening laughing with my roommate and possiby with The Prince. This weekend, I get to share a passion of mine (baseball) with a Kenyan who thinks it's a sport of grown men running around the bases aimlessly. BUT, we have a good time with me trying to explain all the strategies. And, I get to meet his son... something he initiated. I am way excited.
Wow, what a difference a year can make! Gotta love them milestones...
No comments:
Post a Comment