Tuesday, June 1, 2010

... And There's the Rub...

I know, I know. I've been absent for some time. I'll fill you in, which will most likely... hopefully... redeem any absences.

So here goes!!

I've been dating The Prince since late March, and we decided to give things a whirl. This meant that both of us wouldn't date other people, and well, we were in a full blown relationship. He was everything I was looking for... He was the exact opposite of the ex! He was quiet, well-mannered, thoughtful, mature, good hygiene... the full monty of dating needs.

Everything was going great! I was happy! He was happy! Of course, we were still learning about each other and the little red flags started to slowly appear...
"Does he really not like to talk about his feelings?"
"Do you really have to talk about/do business at 10 pm while we're out having fun?"

You know, the random questions that start to creep in revealing that The Prince may not be as perfect as he seems. It really started coming into play when INS came a knocking on his door. No worries, he is legally here, but some of the decisions he made (which are his and not mine to publicize) I am not all that pleased with... and really, 8 years later, neither is he. But he still has to live with those choices.

As a Christian, one of my huge "Must have's" is that you have to live out your faith in everything you do. No, I am not a stickler or a Bible beater. But if you say you're a Christian, act like it. Otherwise, it can do more detriment than good. This is also true for associates, business dealings, etc. The Prince is a good guy... but not the guy for me.

So, what's a girl to do? This means I need to make a decision. I like him, but just do not see a future with him. This is not good. I am by no means old, my ovaries are not shriveling up just yet,but I still have to be proactive about my future. How does a cute, funny, straight forward, conflict finding, laid back girl go about breaking up with someone that really hasn't done anything wrong? This is the thing... I don't mind standing up for myself when it's obvious or my playground ball gets taken... but hurting someone for "unforseen reasons" doesn't settle well with me.  As I process what to do, I'm sure I'll update by the end of the week.

Afterall, I can't sit on this for too long... There are other men who are bound to be right for me, right? I promise, I'm not THAT picky.

No comments:

Post a Comment