Blondie (yes, the band from the 70's) once said:
Talk about, talk about, talk about movin'.
Gotta move on.
Gotta move on.
Gotta move on.
Won't you take me to Funky Town
Yeah, well that's happened to me. Only it's had adverse affects. I've talked about it. I've moved on... And I am most definitely in Funky Town. Yet, this is not a town I'd like to be in.
No, I'm not uber depressed. (There's medication for that.) But I haven't been my usual jovial self. Yes, I know that these times are hard, and I need to go through the process. I seriously strongly dislike that word. Sometimes I just want to jump up and down on that nastly lil' "P" word and skip straight to the result!
So here I am... sitting on the couch, cuddling with my Ben (that awesomely cool Border Collie), and trying not to enter to the valleys of Funky Town. Maybe I can drive right through? I know what awaits me on the other side, and that's where I want to be. The town of milk and honey... the town where blue birds sing and the right guy is there for me. But we all know I need to do that nasty lil' "p" word.
I, too, will survive this. I will go through that stinkin' process and get the heck out of Funky Town. And THIS time, I won't take any short cuts. Last time I was in lovely Funky Town, Population 1, I skipped right on through.
I deleted his number.
I have a couple of matches on E-Harmony, but no replies...
But hey, at least I have a few matches. :)
Don't worry, there is hope.
Blondie also said:
Gotta move on.
Gotta make a move to a town that's right for me.
Town to keep me movin',
keep me groovin' with some energy.
matches are good!! Yeah! You need to process because when you don't you just turn around and go back to where you use to be.
ReplyDelete