Sunday, March 7, 2010

Heartbreak Hotel

There's no doubt about it. Heartbreak sucks. It doesn't matter if you're the "dumper" or the "dumpee." This weekend I have kept EXTREMELY busy... but wow... It seemed that every single thought turned to him. I even ran or hiked 13 miles this past week and he STILL isn't out of my head. It's to the point that even those crazy nuances that he did... those little things that just urked the crap out of me seemed almost endearing. What in the world, right? Is this normal, and if it is, please dear Lord, when will this change?

I hear that people make it through break-ups. I hear that people actually move on and find "the one." I hear that people have their happily ever after. Soooooo, who are these people and where are they hiding? Are they just a figment of my imagination?

Okay. Okay. Do not bust out the violins for my whining just yet. I guess it's just all about the process. Well, this is my process right now, so deal with it, but please do not stop "following" my blog. :) But yeah, I definitely feel like I am in the middle of an episode of Sex in the City, and just can't find my way to my "Mr. Big."

How do you stay in the moment without getting lost in it?
How do you move on if all you're doing is thinking of the past?
How can every song on the radio, every TV station, every errand, every funny moment remind you of him?

I just pray I'm not so damaged that I stay in this mindset unable to move forward. I wonder... does he feel the same way? Is he going through the same thing? Or am I just being "that girl" and need to get the heck out of Heartbreak Hotel.

Okay, now you can take out cheese for my whine, and let the violins play me a sorrowful song. Whew, that one was a doozy... I may just have to stick to songs about bull frogs and butterflies and stay away from "Songs about Rain" -- as Gary Allen would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment