Retail Therapy - $40
Friend Therapy with some beers - $20
Homemade shrimp dinner with your BFF - $15
Driving over the Washington Beltway with the windows down blasting Classic Rock - Priceless
This weekend I took the venture up to Northern VA and the Baltimore area. This is about a 4.5 hour drive from where I live. It gives you a lot of time to think, sing out loud when needed and make as many phone calls as needed. I was excited to see my VA BFF (Virginia Best Friend Forever) and of course the parents too.
It was absolutely a healing weekend. It's amazing how much you can be sucked into a relationship and how much it changes you. I gave my love, time and affection to a person... thinking I'm doing the right thing, but my friends and family noticed a change in me. And this change wasn't for the better. Instead, I lost the vibrancy that once let my personality shine through. I was so focused on the unrealistic requests of my unhealthy relationship, that I got locked in a dark cave, far from the light I once had.
But, I'm back, baby! Well, at least headed in that direction. I can now see the sewage I swam through on a daily basis. But now, it's clear waters for this cool kid. My weekend with friends and family helped with that nasty little "p" word... PROCESSING. Ugh.. But it was definitely needed.
Okay, so I'm sure everyone wants a update on Ken from Kenya. So far, I think it's a bust. I'm not really getting a vibe. But I'm just giddy from the idea of gettng out there. There is a guy that God has marked for me. He will be everything I need... strong faith, a silly goofball who likes sports, randomness and able to talk about current events... And he'll be able to hold a conversation with my friends and family, and get along with my Border Collie. That last one is quite important. Ben has a strong sense of character.
I think I'm definitely moving on from Funky Town. It's a good feeling, really. Even with the DC traffic keeping my Sturdy Gerti (2007 Jeep Compass) from going at high speeds, I had a huge smile on my face as I celebrated my freedom from an emotional prison.
So, I leave you with the wise words of the Rolling Stones. I recommend blasting it with the windows down, wind in your hair and having your own healing moment.
No Expectations
Take me to the station and put me on a train
I've got no expectations to pass through here again
Once I was a rich man and now I am so poor
But never in my sweet, short life have I felt like this before
Your heart is like a diamond, you throw your pearls at swine
And as I watch you leaving me, you pack my peace of mind
Our love was like the water that splashes on a stone
Our love was like our music, it's here and then it's gone
So take me to the airport and put me on a plane
I've got no expectations to pass through here again
Yippee! Welcome back, I really missed you :)
ReplyDeleteI love that you are feeling good and confident in the moving on department... its a key part to contentment in God's great plan for your life! Your an amazing woman and there is a man out there that God has set aside for you...he's a lucky dude :D
ReplyDelete