Honk. Honk. Honk. - This was the sound I woke up to this morning. Thankfully, it wasn't from the traffic... It was the geese. I'd say it's not a bad way to wake up, really. I looked over to Ben's side of the room, and he was sitting up in his cage, alert, ready to go, with x-ray vision through all the walls towards the direction of the geese. Ben knew exactly what to do! He responded with action to his wake up call. It was time to get up and do something!
This little antectote got me thinking about last night. I had the great opportunity to go out with two awesome girlfriends of mine for some coffee and conversation. Wow! It really helped put everything in perspective. The last couple of days I've been admittedly off of my game. This is apparent from my last couple of posts. I wouldn't quite say I've been wallowing, but we'll just say I was overly introspective. :)
New information I'm starting to consider:
1. Nobody has said, "You MUST get back together with him!"
2. People are supportive and encouraging that this is the right decision, and not just because they're my friends.
3. God puts amazing people in your life when you need them most.
4. E-harmony sucks for communicating with guys, but gives great information on self awareness. :)
Speaking of e-harmony, they give you this compatibility profile. I must say, it too is a wake up call. When in my last relationship, my main arguement and feeling of the relationship was, "My needs aren't getting met." Well, according to this profile, my instincts were dead on! All of the following is what I need, but wasn't getting... and this is straight from e-harmony. They can't lie to me... they have my $60.
Some of your ideal mate's strongest personality characteristics are:
He tends to be caring, compassionate and sensitive towards the needs of others.
His friends consider him someone who can be trusted and relied upon.
He generally does his best to be honest in all situations, even when it can be difficult.
He has a very good sense of right and wrong, and almost always tries to be the best person he can.
Some important qualities that your ideal partner brings to the relationship are:
He almost always empathizes with the way other people are feeling.
Avoiding an argument is almost always preferential to winning one in his view.
Important goals and values for your ideal mate in a relationship are:
It will be important that he incorporates faith and spirituality into his relationship.
It is very important to him to be active in his religious community.
Personal values are important to him.
See what I mean? Great insight into what I need... My previous relationship only had two of these qualities, which I didn't even list... humor and importance of family. Between coffee and conversation/emotional bearing of my soul, and e-harmony... I got my wake up call! I am ready to get up and take action! So, if you see this guy who's values are listed above, he's MINE... hands off. Please send him my way. **GULP** This does actually mean I need to put myself in the dating world, ugh. But that, my friends, is a whole other post. Okay, those geese are calling again... Time to let Ben out so he can do what he does best... Take action!
No comments:
Post a Comment